Κυριακή 13 Μαΐου 2012

My Time Management Technique That Works

Since I make a living online, most people want to know what my work schedule is like, and if I end up working more hours than people do at a regular 9-5 job. The answer is no.
I actually do a lot less physical work and still make a good income all because I leverage the web and my time.
The process I am going to share with you below is my daily schedule. I also want to point out that I have a policy where I only work online Monday-Friday. I turn off my computer Saturday and Sunday. So the following is a schedule that I do M-F.



The Art of Leveraging The Web and Your Time

The key to my online success is “I don’t try to do everything” I only focus on a small percentage of things during the day that I have decided to be of prime importance.
What I do is, before I go to bed every night I set up a list of three M.I.Ts. An M.I.Ts stands for Most Important Tasks. I decide the day before what my most important tasks are for the next day.
Keep in mind, these three tasks may not the easiest or most fun things to do, but they are most important to have completed before the day is over.
After I complete each one, I cross out the task from my list. At that time, I take a very short break and then go on to the next task, and so on. After completing my three most important tasks, I go to my calendar and mark an X for the day. The simple act of marking the X on my calendar gives me an honest sense of accomplishment and security. It makes me feel good knowing I completed what I set out for that day. This in turn builds momentum and confidence for the following day, and tackling a new challenge.
After completing my three M.I.Ts, I can relax a little bit, consume information and learn new things. This is a relaxing and fun process as I do enjoy learning new things and like to constantly stay on top of the latest and most up-to-date information.
Once again, this method is not intended to try to do “everything;” rather it is intended to do only a small portion of my most important tasks each day, which ultimately leads to being more productive, not less.
As the month comes to an end, and I look at my calendar as a whole (if followed through correctly), there is an even bigger sense of feeling accomplished and a peace of mind for that month. This calendar technique gradually keeps me accountable and on track towards my bigger life goals.
“One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity.” ~Bruce Lee
Trying to do everything leads to accomplishing very little, because you are too open to the needs and wants of so many people. If you try to be everywhere, you might end up not being anywhere.
Stay present, and don’t be afraid of eliminating the clutter that isn’t yielding the results that you really want for yourself. Focus on doing the three most important tasks that matter to you at the start of each day, and you will begin to see that very little matters in your life.
This attitude of focusing on that small percentage ironically leads to bigger more rewarding results for you in your personal life.
“Don’t try to do more. Just do more of the right things” ~Anonymous

My Concern With What A Majority of People Are Doing

With a majority of people, they aren’t clear on what are their most important tasks because they aren’t clear on their values. When you are clear on what you value, you will be in a better position to operate more effectively on the most important tasks of each day. I think society places such a huge importance of having and doing things that people tend to forget who we are in the process.
Being who you are and contributing from within is the true path of the successful individual. Don’t let society determine that for you. All those answers are inside you – take time to listen to it.
The goal of my blogs is to help people get clear on their values. Getting clear on what really matters to them, recognizing their dreams and true aspirations.

by Baker
http://theresesquared.com/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου