Τρίτη 17 Ιουλίου 2012

Endless Possibilities

Helping a fearless client birth a new community is one of the most rewarding parts of my role as a Community Shepherd here at Brains on Fire. I really like that “getting it off the ground” work, the hard work, the dirt-under-my-nails work. And sharing “little wins” with my client as we work together to build something meaningful and connectable in the world is just about as good as it gets.

I think a lot about my “baby” community as we plan for it, build excitement for it, and in those first few weeks and months after we push the “on” button and give it a life of its own. I hold dear the responsibility of guiding it and encouraging it as it takes its first steps in this big, amazing world. I am also constantly asking internal questions and wondering about the endless possibilities that lie ahead for all involved:

Who will we meet as our community grows? Who will raise a hand to say, “I’ll stand with you,” or “I want to be a part of this,” or simply, “I get it?”

What amazing stories will people have to share? From what walks of life will our community members come? What can I personally do to shine the spotlight on their awesomeness?

Where will our offline community put down roots? Where will our loud and proud online advocates shout about their passion? Where will those “little wins” come from as we slowly and steadily work toward a common goal?

When is the right time to introduce new content? When will the first benchmarks and goals we’ve set for our community be realized? When will we collectively, communally, courageously say, “look what we made together, world!”

Why are we doing this again (reminders for myself, my client, and my community that we are making a difference in the world!)? Why would someone choose to join our community (internal gut-checks to ensure I’m constantly providing quality content on behalf of my client and engaging community members at a true relationship-building level)?

How can I, as Community Shepherd, best tell the story of our young community’s growth so that others can “own it,” too? How can I show my client gratitude for trusting me with our “baby?” How can I help elevate community members into leaders and guides for the group?

I could seriously go on, but you get the picture. For me, introducing and growing a new community is all about the possibilities. What’s even more exciting for me (and BOF’s courageous clients) is that those possibilities are never finite.


by Robbin
http://www.brainsonfire.com/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου