Τετάρτη 9 Μαΐου 2012

Close the Sale – Intermediate Closing Strategies

Once you've mastered the basic art of closing a sale, it's time to review some intermediate-level strategies. These closes aren't necessarily more difficult than the basic closing strategies, but they tend to be more complex. So it's a good idea to practice basic closes until you can do them without thinking about every word, and then you'll have an advantage in mastering more complex techniques.

The Pact Close
This close is a little different because you deploy it at the beginning of the appointment. Before you launch into your presentation, say something like this:

“Just so we're clear, I'm not here to sell you anything today. My goal is to show you what this product can do for you and why so many of my customers love it. All I ask is that you keep an open mind as I go over the details, and be thinking about whether the product would be a good solution for you. Then after we've talked, you can tell me what you've decided. Does that sound fair?”

I call it the pact close because you're making a pact with your prospect: you'll give the information about your product, and the prospect will listen with an open mind. Once you've finished the presentation, all you have to do is ask “So is it a good fit for you?” and you've just closed the prospect.
The Peer Pressure Close
Like the time-limit close, this one works well on prospects who want to “think it over,” i.e. get you out of the building so they can forget all about your product.
When the prospect tries to stall you, say something like:

“I understand your concern – you want to make sure you get the best deal on this product. The thing is, in the [x] years I've been selling this product nearly all of my customers have agreed that we truly are the best value. In fact, the ones who did the most shopping around really regretted wasting hours and hours when they could have taken this product and been enjoying its benefits right from the start. It's up to you, of course, but I'd really like to save you some time by placing your order now instead of later.”

Ideally, bring along some written testimonials from existing customers. That way you can give specific examples like “Mrs. Jones who settled on the same model you're considering, after pricing out three other vendors.”
The If-All-Else-Fails Close
When the customer flat out doesn't want to buy your product and your attempts at answering objections haven't made them budge, try saying something like this:

“I'm afraid I haven't done a very good job today in representing my product... because I truly believe it would solve your problem of [give a customer problem here, preferably something the prospect mentioned]. Can you tell me how I let you down today, or what issues I failed to address? I'd appreciate knowing so I don't make the same mistake again.”

This close accomplishes two things: first, it helps you identify the weaknesses in your presentation that are blocking the sale, and second, it gives you a last-ditch chance to uncover and resolve the prospect's hidden objections.


By Wendy Connick
http://sales.about.com/

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου